A List Of Compare And Contrast Essay Topics For The Crucible
Arthur Miller presented a really good piece of work, The Crucible. This is one of the best choices for your literary work in school. This is the kind of book that gives you a deeper insight into the society that we live in. We are able to see ourselves through the roles that are played by different individuals in the play, and how they carry out their roles. This play has always been considered one of the finest works ever done in as far as mystery and utilitarianism is concerned. The following are some topics that you can think about when working on this particular book:
- With reference to the Crucible, discuss the differences between a grudge and a personal rivalry.
- The witch trial in Hysteria showcases some trivial elements of the justice system. Compare and contrast the modern day justice system with this one.
- Borrowing information from the witch trial in Hysteria, showcase how the modern day legal system can be effective in empowering the individuals who are considerably powerless.
- Following the change in John Proctor’s dilemma in the course of the play, discuss how such significant dilemmas normally happen to regular people today, and how best they can handle such instances.
- Compare and contrast the role of Abigail Williams and Elizabeth Proctor in the play.
- Based on your readings of the play The Crucible, discuss sex and sexual repression, how they manifest and relay this on the modern day society.
- Discuss the nature of the government in Salem and contrast it with the kind of government that we have in the country at the moment.
- Based on the readings on The Crucible, try and give an educated explanation of the role of the government in the legal system. Compare the government in Salem and the government of the country today, citing similarities and the differences that exist between them.
- Discuss the role of the Reverend Parris in the play, and highlight his reasons and motivations for strongly supporting the witch trials.
- Provide an accurate description and elaborate the similarities and differences between the witch trials in Sale and McCarthyism. What lessons can we learn from these two situations?
- From the context of The Crucible, discuss, compare and contrast the living conditions in Massachusetts now and Massachusetts back in the 1700s.
- Compare and contrast the dynamics of puritanism in the country at the moment and in the year 1692.