A List Of Inspiring Topics For Writing An Evaluation Essay
This writing assignment helps students develop their abilities to critically evaluate the overall quality (or lack of quality) of a specific subject, such as a company, a place, a product, a program, etc. While there will be a personal opinion within the essay by way of the evaluation, it’s important that the piece not come off sounding overly opinionated. The first step in writing this assignment is selecting a great topic. Here is a list of some inspiring topics for you to consider:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a current health product such as a full body cardio machine, elliptical trainer or a step climber?
- How does a specific car company making “smart cars” stack up against auto companies that are opting to continue making traditional fuel-based vehicles?
- How does the “Lord of the Rings” film adaptions do in terms of encouraging a new generation of young readers to enjoy the books in addition to watching the films?
- Evaluate a global film entertainment brand such as Pixar or Dreamworks and explain how it is poised for longevity through the 21st century.
- How does a specific cell phone company do in terms of technology and service? What sets it apart from other competing telecommunication companies?
- Evaluate the state of professional sports in terms of revenue generated through television deals and how the product translates to entertainment for the fans?
- How effective is the procurement system in your local community? Are the goods and services promised being delivered to citizens in an efficient manner?
- How good is 3D printing technology and does it have a practical use in solving some of the world’s problems (homelessness, medical, etc.)?
- Pick a fast food restaurant change and evaluate its success in foreign countries? Does it affectively target the appropriate culture while maintaining elements from its origins in terms of food choices?
- Evaluate the President Obama’s economic plan for his final year in the White House. Will the transition from one presidency to the next be easy to make under the plan?
- How have the President’s policies towards fighting terrorist threats around the world faired in comparison with policies from other nations?
- Evaluate the success or lack of success in the recent World Cup games held in Brazil. What can be learned from the events that could help future host nations bring a positive experience to people within those countries?